How do you (the parent) want to provide your signature?
The fastest way for you (the parent) to sign your child’s FAFSA is electronically with your own FSA ID. When you sign electronically, the application is processed within 3-5 days.
To get an FSA ID, click Create an FSA ID. It only takes a few minutes. You must have a Social Security Number to get an FSA ID.
Having trouble signing the FAFSA with your FSA ID?
- If you have an FSA ID but have forgotten your username, click Forgot Username.
- If you have an FSA ID but have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password.
- Make sure not to mix up your (the parent) and your student's FSA IDs. Only sign for yourself. Do not sign the FAFSA for your student using his or her FSA ID. Here’s how you can check for FAFSA and FSA ID match errors.
There are two other, slower options to sign the FAFSA:
- Print a signature page, sign it, and mail it to the address on the page. Your student's application will be processed once your signature is received.
- Submit the FAFSA without signatures. Your student's application will be partially processed without signatures, and he or she will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) within 3-5 days. In order for the FAFSA to complete, you’ll need to return later to sign electronically.