Does the total amount of your parents’ asset net worth exceed the amount listed?
Select Yes if your parents’ current asset net worth exceeds this amount as of today.
Select No if your parents’ current asset net worth does not exceed this amount as of today.
Asset net worth means current value of the assets minus what is owed on those assets.
- Money in cash, savings, and checking accounts
- Investment farms
- Other investments, such as real estate (other than the home in which your parents live), UGMA and UTMA accounts for which your parents are the owner, stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, etc.
Assets do not include:
- The home in which your parents live
- UGMA and UTMA accounts for which your parents are the custodian, but not the owner
- The value of life insurance
- Retirement plans (401[k] plans, pension funds, annuities, non-education IRAs, Keogh plans, etc.)