What is your parents' state of legal residence?

What is your parents' state of legal residence?

This is question 69 on the paper Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.

Select your parents' current state or country of legal residence. Select “Foreign Country” if your parents' legal residence is in a foreign country.

Your parents’ answer represents the residency or domicile of their true, fixed, and permanent home.

Each state determines legal residency differently. You should contact your college’s financial aid office for assistance with state of legal residence qualifications.

If your parents are separated or divorced, use the state or country of legal residence for the parent whose information is reported on this application.

If your legal parents (biological and/or adoptive) have different states of legal residence, answer for the parent that you lived with most during the last 12 months. If you didn’t live with one parent more than the other, provide information about the parent who provided more financial support during the last 12 months or during the most recent year that you actually received support from a parent.

A legal parent includes a biological or adoptive parent, or a person that the state has determined to be your parent (for example, when a state allows another person’s name to be listed as a parent on a birth certificate). Grandparents, foster parents, legal guardians, older brothers or sisters, widowed stepparents, and aunts and uncles aren’t considered parents unless they have legally adopted you.

Is this answer helpful?

Thank you for your response.
Total Characters: 500 Remaining: 500