Clearing Your Browser's Cache
The browser's cache stores the contents of all web pages visited during an oline Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. To safeguard your information and prevent others from viewing what was entered online, clear your browser's cache memory after exiting the online FAFSA form.
To clear the browser's cache, follow the instructions below for the browser type:
Mozilla Firefox 68 and above users:
- At the top right of your screen, select the three horizontal lines and select “Options.”
- Select the “Privacy & Security” panel.
- In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, select “Clear Data.”
- Remove the check mark in front of “Cookies and Site Data.”
- With “Cached Web Content” checked, select the “Clear” button.
Apple Safari 9 and above users:
- At the top of the screen, select “History.”
- At the bottom of the dropdown menu, select “Clear History.”
- In the pop-up box, choose your time frame and select the “Clear History” button.
Google Chrome 76 and above users:
- At the top, right corner of your screen, select the three dots that are stacked in a vertical line.
- Select “More tools.”
- Select “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “Clear data.”