While you are in college, how many people in your parents' household will be college students?
This is a FAFSA4caster question.
If you have provided parental information, this question cannot be left blank.
You are a dependent student if all of the following circumstances are true:
- You are 23 years old or younger
- You are beginning college as an undergraduate student
- You are not married, remarried, or separated
- You do not have any dependents
- You are not on active duty or a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Both of your parents were not deceased since you turned age 13
- You have not been in foster care, nor been a dependent or ward of the court, since you turned age 13
- If you are not sure if you were in foster care, check with your state child welfare agency. You can find out the contact information for your state child welfare agency by visiting your state child welfare agency.
- You have never been an emancipated minor or in legal guardianship
- You are not homeless
- Yourself, even if you will attend college less than half time.
- Other people in your parents' household only if they will attend college, at least half time, in a program that leads to a college degree or certificate at the same time you will attend college.
Total Characters: 500 Remaining: 500