Adult Student Checklist
- Look into getting a General Educational Development (GED) certificate if you don’t have a high school diploma; try searching online for “GED certificate” and your state’s name.
- Ask employers to recommend schools that provide training in the skills you will need for the career you choose.
- Ask your employer if assistance is available to help you pay for school.
- Use the U.S. Department of Labor’s scholarship search to find scholarships.
- Get to know the financial aid staff at the school you plan to attend; they can help you with aid applications and explain the types of aid available.
Federal Student Aid for Adult Students—Provides adults considering college with information on the types of federal student aid available, how to apply, important deadlines, and more.